Friday, September 24, 2010

Here we go Again!!!

Wow, what a year it's been for everyone. I don't know about all of you, but weight loss as it turned out wasn't at the top of my to do list. After going through a major move and medical issues, I am now 10 pounds heavier than last year when we started. I am committed to becoming healthier, whether or not I get skinnier. I am still battling my soda pop addiction, and I know that's not helping.
Anyway, as a jump start to making this next year a healthier one, I want to know what all of you are going to do. I am planning on making a lot of changes, a little at a time. I figure if I incorporate small doses of life changing things, I will better stick to them. These are the changes I am making right now. Taking the vitamins the doctor has recommended each day. Walking for 15 minutes per day. Trying to eat 3 meals a day with a couple of snacks, instead of grazing all day. And I am also making sure that for every soda I have, I also have the same amount of water.
I realize as busy moms, sometimes the only food we get is what we can cram into our mouth at any given moment of the day. This eventually turns us into grazers. Well, now that my kids are teenagers, what's my excuse. I encourage you all to not necessarily change your whole diet right now, but look at how you are eating in relation to time and quantity.
Good luck everyone, and here's to a happy, healthy life ahead of us!
Traci

P.S. Trying to get everyone on as a contributor, so that everyone can post. Be patient with Teri and I. We'll get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment